- October is Domestic Violence Awareness Month
- WSU's First Lady Jacqueline Wilson Launches HIGH Program
- In 2013, Jacqueline Wilson, Wayne State University’s first lady,...
- News Archive
Calendar of Events
- Full List
- Silent Witness Project
- October 31 2014Various locations around the WSU campusIn commemoration of Domestic Violence Awareness Month, COSW will present the international Silent Witness project throughout the month of October. Silent Witness is the visual representation of victims of domestic violence. Individual, life-sized red silhouettes representing men, women, and children murdered in acts of domestic violence in the state of Michigan will be on display around campus. Silhouettes include breastplate shields sharing victims’ names and stories.
- The Clothesline Project
- October 31 2014Undergraduate Library, David AdamanyStop by the David Adamany Undergraduate Library this month to see The Clothesline Project, a visual display that bears witness to the violence against women. Each shirt is decorated to represent a particular woman's experience. The purpose of the project is three-fold: To bear witness to survivors and victims of the war against women. To help with the healing process for people who have lost a loved one or are survivors of this violence. To educate, document, and raise society's awareness of the extent of the problem of violence against women. The exhibit will be on display during the month of October to commemorate Domestic Violence Awareness Month.
- More Events
Follow Us On: Facebook